Mumbai: Kanheri Caves with Expert Guide
Kanheri Caves, located deep within the green forests of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, one of Asia’s major national parks. The caves are a marvelous architectural feat. All 109 of them were chiseled and carved out of a huge basaltic rock outcrop. The smaller caves, known as viharas, served as resting places for the monks. The larger caves, known as chaityas, are lined with various exquisitely carved Buddhist sculptures and were commonly used as places for worship. In the main hall stands the towering figure of the Lord Buddha measuring about 7 meters in height. The interior has a colonnade of 34 majestically carved pillars. The eleven-headed Avalokiteshwara is the most distinctive motif. There are about 100 inscriptions in different scripts - Brahmi, Devnagri, Pallavi and Sanskrit.
4 Reasons to Book this tour
- Explore Buddhist sculptures and relief carvings & paintings.
- Walk through the historical timeline of Buddhism
- Visit Kanheri caves for an insight into the history
- Explore 2500 Year Old rock cut Buddhist caves
Included / Excluded
- Bottled Water
- Fuel, Tolls, Taxes and Parking Charges
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets
- Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop
- Gratuities for Driver and Guide
Pick up and drop from/to your location within city limits.
Things to remember
- Please dress modestly that covers shoulders and knees for women
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Cancellations & Refunds
Free cancellation before 24 hours of the tour start date.
No refund within 24 hours of the tour start date.