The Hanging Pillar of Lepakshi Temple Tour from Bangalore
Explore the day long by 2 hrs drive with a small detour to the north of Bengaluru city. Real Indian villages, lifestyles, paddy fields, grassing cattle, etc pass by visiting the world's best-preserved, Asia's largest treasure trove of various narrative alluring frescos, 16th Cen AD temple at Lepakshi: Vijayanagar style famed Hanging Pillar of beaming triumphantly with a profusion of carvings and paintings of a huge 100-pillared dance hall, adorned with exquisite sculptures of divine beings, saints, guardians, musicians, carving of three coiled seven-hooded serpents providing an umbrella cover over a Lingam. Spectacular Gigantic Nandi sculpture in couchant posture is India’s biggest monolithic Bull, 10 Mtr length and 6 Mtr is a colossal structure decorated by Necklace and Bells. While you drive back, stop to witness the prayers and the twin temples (810 AD) perhaps the finest and most ornate of the Dravidian temples and a huge stepped temple tank in Karnataka, at Nandi Village.
5 Reasons to Book this tour
- 16th Cen AD temple at Lepakshi : Vijayanagar style famed Hanging Pillar
- paintings of a huge 100-pillared dance hall
- carving of three coiled seven-hooded serpent
- India’s biggest monolithic Bull, 10 Mtr length and 6 Mtr
- 810 AD Two Dravidian temples, stepped tank at Nandi Village
Included / Excluded
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets
- Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop
- Bus/Tuk Tuk/Metro Fare
- Gratuities for Driver and Guide
Pick up and drop from/to your location within city limits.
Things to remember
- Please dress modestly that covers shoulders and knees for both men and women
- Remove your footwear when entering place of worship
Cancellations & Refunds
Free cancellation before 24 hours of the tour start date.
No refund within 24 hours of the tour start date.