Mumbai: Karla and Bhaja Caves With Guide
Travel roughly 3 hours in an air-conditioned private vehicle to reach Karla Caves. Take a walk through the impressive site, ascending 200 steep steps to reach the caves, excavated thousands of years ago from a hillside in the Western Ghats in Maharashtra. The rock-cut shrines were developed for Buddhist monks to use during the monsoons. They feature chaityas (prayer halls) with intricate carvings, the largest of the halls measures 148 feet and was created in the 1st century B.C. After exploring the caves, take a break to purchase lunch at a restaurant of your choice. Then head to the Bhaja caves, another religious site near the Karla Caves.
4 Reasons to Book this tour
- Discover Karla Caves
- Uncover Indian rock–cut architecture
- Explore Buddhist sculptures.
- Explore Tiger point of Hill Station
Included / Excluded
- Bottled Water
- Fuel, Tolls, Taxes and Parking Charges
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets
- Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop
- Gratuities for Driver and Guide
Pick up and drop from/to your location within city limits.
Things to remember
- Please dress modestly that covers shoulders and knees for women
- This tour involves minimal amount of walking
- Beware of monkeys in the surroundings
Cancellations & Refunds
Free cancellation before 24 hours of the tour start date.
No refund within 24 hours of the tour start date.