Mumbai: Kanheri Caves Tour
English, Spanish, French, German
Explore the group of caves that are located in the forests which is on the former island of Salsette in the western outskirts of Mumbai. The caves have Buddhist sculptures, carvings, paintings and inscriptions, dating from the 1st century CE to the 10th century CE. The site is on a hill that has rock-cut steps to go through. The caves comprise 109 caves and were an important Buddhist settlement. The marvelous caves have a unique structure that has huge stone pillars. Most of the caves were Buddhist viharas, which were meant for living, studying and meditating. The spectacular caves have an amazing history which is related to few religions and the location of the caves is just mind-blowing where you can see the diverse flora and fauna and you can get a chance to spot deers, macaque monkeys, reptiles, a flock of birds and butterflies.
3 Reasons to Book this tour
- Explore the caves which are located in the forests & formed of black basalt rock
- The marvelous caves have a unique structure that has huge stone pillars
- Learn about Buddhist sculptures, carvings, paintings and inscriptions, dating from the 1st century CE to the 10th century CE
Included / Excluded
- Bottled Water
- Fuel, Tolls, Taxes and Parking Charges
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets
- Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop
- Gratuities for Driver and Guide
Pick up and drop from/to your location within city limits.
Things to remember
- This tour involves minimal amount of walking
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Cancellations & Refunds
Free cancellation before 24 hours of the tour start date.
No refund within 24 hours of the tour start date.