Madurai Half Day Sightseeing with Guide
Madurai is an ancient city that is situated in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is the earliest recorded civilization and there is evidence that there was a human settlement here dating back to 300 BC. The town is built around the Meenakshi Temple. It is well known for various reasons one of them being historical monuments like the Meenakshi Amman Temple and Tirumalai Nayak Palace. Madurai has also contributed a lot to Indian literature with its rich and abundant literary tradition. On your visit here admire the Dravidian style of architecture as you pay pilgrimage to Meenakshi temple. The pillars outside the temple are erected so cleverly that they can hear different notes when touching them. Thirumalai Nayak Palace is known as the living palace of the Nayak Kings, it was built in the 17th century and is a beautiful construction with several pillars and domes around. With only a fourth portion of this marvel surviving.
3 Reasons to Book this tour
- Explore the ancient city of India
- Experience the various historical monuments
- Enjoy & learn about the beautiful heritage and cultural places
Included / Excluded
- Bottled Water
- Fuel, Tolls, Taxes and Parking Charges
- Professional Tour Guide
- Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop (Within City Limits)
- Entrance Fees
- Skip The Line
- Bus/Tuk Tuk/Metro Fare
- Gratuities for Driver and Guide
Pick up and drop from/to your location within city limits.
Things to remember
- Dress Code: Wear Full menthe Trousers & Half or Full sleeve shirt. Avoid Sleeveless tops & half pant
- Mobile Phones, Camera's & other electronic items not allowed inside the Meenakshi Amman Temple
Cancellations & Refunds
Free cancellation before 24 hours of the tour start date.
No refund within 24 hours of the tour start date.
You might also like...